Sta-Set | Polyester Double Braid
$170.00 – $2,435.00
Sta-Set is a premium grade double braided polyester rope manufactured using only high tenacity polyester for a strong, low stretch, and extremely durable line. Sta-Set is ideally suited for controlled lifting and rigging operations where high strength, low elongation, and excellent abrasion resistance are required.
Our Sta Set can be used for following applications: Lifting lines, Hand lines, Winch lines, Pulling lines and general purpose working lines.
- torque-free construction
- low stretch and elastic elongation
- Sunlight/UV: Very little degradation from sunlight. Can be used outside over long term if inspected regularly.
- Chemicals: Polyester has good resistance to most chemicals, except 95% sulfuric acid and strong alkalines at boil.
- Heat: Polyester melts at 480°F with progressive strength loss above 300°F.
- Dielectrics: Good resistance to the passage of electrical current. However, dirt, surface contaminants, water entrapment, and the like can significantly affect dielectric properties. Extreme caution should be exercised any time a rope is in the proximity of live circuits.
- Sheaves: N/A
- Working loads: No blanket safe working load (SWL) recommendations can be made for any line because SWL’s must be calculated based on application, conditions of use, and potential danger to personnel among other considerations. It is recommended that the end user establish working loads and safety factors based on best practices established by the end user’s industry; by professional judgment and personal experience; and after thorough assessment of all risks. The SWL is a guideline for the use of a rope in good condition for non-critical applications and should be reduced where life, limb, or valuable property is involved, or in cases of exceptional service such as shock loading, sustained loading, severe vibration, etc. The Cordage Institute specifies that the SWL of a rope shall be determined by